Associate QA Engineer
Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That’s what we’re building at :Different. Our vision is to create the assistant for the home, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
We’re starting by rebuilding property management in Australia. In property management, we take care of every aspect of an investment home, delivering an incredible consumer experience for owners and tenants.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley. Mina was the first Product Manager and ultimately, global Head of Product at Uber. Ruwin was a Principal on Google’s global business strategy team and a Director at Softbank, the world’s largest internet sector investor. Both have deep experience and networks in the technology space. The rest of our leadership team too, hails from companies such as Uber, ThoughtWorks and Sysco LABS.
We’ve raised four rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities and have plans to expand further around Australia and into the US.
As a quality assurance engineer in a permanent position, you will be part of a growing team of developers based in Colombo and Sydney. We’ll be growing our existing suite of internal and consumer products, as well as working on some major new areas that will significantly expand our business, within Australia and internationally. Here’s just a small sample of some of our current and upcoming projects:
- Development of a comprehensive end-to-end test automation suite
- Development of a comprehensive API test automation suite
- Development of a highly streamlined but through quality practice company-wide
- Automating our mobile application testing and UI component testing
You will be involved from the ground level in all these initiatives.
- Be a part of one of our autonomous, cross-functional, agile teams that operate across the entire stack: front end, back end, database and infrastructure.
- Take responsibility for shipping high quality features into production, on time.
- Follow industry best practices for everything from analysis, test scenario writing, test case development and automation scripting
- Work closely with product owners tech leads and architects to constantly improve our software.
- Understand the business requirement and prepare/update detailed test cases.
- Perform functional and regression testing in multiple platforms (Web & mobile)
- Handle all the QA responsibilities on an Agile development team.
- Prioritizing, planning and self estimating the testing activities based on the team goal.
- Defect reproducing and analyzing the root cause.
- You are passionate about technology, quality and automation
- Love the startup life
- A can-do attitude
- Top-notch verbal and written English communication skills
- Pay a lot of attention to the details
- Accountable and highly organized
- A strong team player with a collaborative attitude
- Intellectual curiosity and an attitude that’s focused on learning new frameworks, libraries, programming languages and approaches
- Capable of switching between tasks and working in a fast-moving environment
- Experienced with pair-programming and mentoring junior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- 1+ years of experience in quality assurance (product)
- Solid experience in commercial Web application testing
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with automation tools such as Selenium and Postman
- Experience in working with the Agile development team
- Quality assurance testing related certifications will be an added bonus
What you’ll get from us
- Be a part of a world-class technology team that is currently building a state-of-the art system architecture cleanly from the ground up.
- Long-term career opportunities - as an early employee, there’s lots of opportunity to grow professionally, as well as play a critical part in our long-term quality engineering strategy.
- Have the best-of-the-best available for mentorship and support: our leadership team includes senior alumni from Google, Uber, Sysco LABS and the Boston Consulting Group.
- An incredible culture that values learning, autonomy and results over rigid policies and rules. We remain true to the twelve agile principles.
- A generous salary and bonus.
- Flexible working hours.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply online
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.