Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That’s what we’re building at :Different. Our vision is to create the assistant for the home, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
We’re starting by rebuilding property management in Australia. In property management, we take care of every aspect of a home, delivering an incredible consumer experience for owners and tenants.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley. Mina was the first Product Manager and ultimately, global Head of Product at Uber. Ruwin was a Principal on Google’s global business strategy team and a Director at Softbank, the world’s largest internet sector investor. Both have deep experience and networks in the technology space.
We’ve raised four rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities and have plans to expand further around Australia and into the US.
In this key "hands-on" role, you will be primarily responsible for leading the accounting team to ensure timely and accurate information is provided for reporting and supporting business decisions. You will improve performance by developing key plans and ensuring compliance with strategic results.
You will work closely with, and report to, our Head of Finance who has worked at top investment banks in Australia, holds a Masters in Applied Finance and the CFA Charter from the CFA Institute
- Maintain the financial integrity of the business by implementing and maintaining all appropriate financial procedures and practices and using appropriate tools and qualified personnel.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with company financial and corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Drive the core financial team and formulate strategic directions and frameworks, including promoting automation across the entire functional department.
- Contribute and drive business strategies, including working across the business with other senior leaders.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and the Founders on financial budgeting, forecasting, and reporting activities on a daily basis.
- At least 6 - 8 years experience in a senior audit, financial or management accounting role.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) qualified
- Superb financial accounting, reporting and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Australian tax and accounting regulations and reporting.
- Solid experience gathering, evaluating, reporting and presenting financial and accounting information to executive teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build, integrate and execute accounting and finance policies and methodologies.
- Highly skilled with Xero accounting software and extremely tech savvy to learn other platforms.
- Excellent team development and management skills.
- A solid work ethic and a ‘can do’ approach.
What you’ll get from us
- Freedom and expectation to work independently.
- The opportunity to be part of a winning team.
- The potential to further your career aspirations.
- An opportunity to create an impact in a growing Australian property management industry.
- Regular team events & engagement activities to promote teamwork and socialization.
- A generous salary and bonus.
- Employer sponsored healthcare
- Flexible working hours and remote work opportunities.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.