Head of Partnerships
Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That’s what we’re building at :Different. Our vision is to create the assistant for the home, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
We’re starting by rebuilding property management in Australia. In property management, we take care of every aspect of a home, delivering an incredible consumer experience for owners and tenants.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley. Mina was the first Product Manager and ultimately, global Head of Product at Uber. Ruwin was a Principal on Google’s global business strategy team and a Director at Softbank, the world’s largest internet sector investor. Both have deep experience and networks in the technology space.
We’ve raised four rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities and have plans to expand further around Australia and into the US.
Property management is an operationally intensive business, but we make it efficient and scalable by combining powerful tech with an incredibly customer-focused operations team.
That’s our unique advantage. We build all of our own technology, so we can align it to the ideal operational processes to design a great service. It also means that what we build can be used by partners in a whole range of new and interesting ways.
Now we need someone to own our partnerships growth strategy, and build out these new growth vectors. You’ll be negotiating both industry and enterprise partnerships to drive a significant portion of our future growth. You will apply your partnerships skills, industry knowledge and product understanding to drive a step-change in the trajectory of the business, from a national tech-enabled property management service, to a global assistant for the home.
- Define partnership strategies, and go-to-market plans including potential value-exchanges, deal models and pitch materials etc.
- Align Partnerships strategy with wider business and product plans, taking into account how Different can operate within wider partner ecosystems.
- Partner with the VP of Operations to ensure partnership service delivery is executed perfectly while the partnerships onboards, pilots and scales
- Develop and validate a comprehensive pipeline of opportunities balancing speed of execution with overall scale of opportunities.
- Structure and negotiate partnerships agreements, involving business and technical stakeholders as required.
- Represent Different at partner and industry events, positioning the company as an innovation leader in the industry
- Develop trusted C-level relationships with Partners and leverage those plus your own network of contacts to further scale opportunities with current and prospective Partners.
- Provide feedback from partners, and broader market insights, to Different's product team to feed development cycle.
- Continually refine partnerships strategy and GTM increasing hit rate and reducing deal duration over time.
- Cool, calm and collected under pressure - High growth environments are hard, and you know how to handle deadlines and deliver
- Proven experience negotiating complex partnership deals. Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of management, internally and externally
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Analytical skills with an understanding of human nature
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels. You should be able to work with anyone from a board director to the intern who started yesterday, and treat them with equal respect
- Ability to balance your time between enterprise and industry partnership initiatives. Some partnerships will have long sales cycles and big payoffs. Some will have short sales cycles and smaller payoffs. As a startup with aggressive targets, we need you to deliver on both.
- Prior experience: Executive level experience at a high-growth start-up or an established company in a business development or partnerships role.
- Big nice to have: Deep professional relationships in the Property sector, Real Estate investing sector, or other adjacent sectors
- Big nice to have: Ideally, 2 years top-tier management consulting experience at some point in your career
What you’ll get from us
- Freedom and expectation to build partnerships that fundamentally transform the company, and the consumer experience
- Ownership of one of the most critical units of the business
- Be deeply embedded in the workings of a rapidly growing scale-up, participating in the ins and outs of growing a team, creating high functioning processes and building a successful business
- Mentorship and support from Ruwin and Mina as well as the rest of our world-class team
- A generous salary, bonus and equity package
- Flexible working hours from our casual office based in Paddington. We are also open to Brisbane and Melbourne, and have offices in each City
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.