Who we are:
Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That’s what we’re building at :Different. Our vision is to create the assistant for the home, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
We’re starting by rebuilding property management in Australia. In property management, we take care of every aspect of an investment home, delivering an incredible consumer experience for owners and tenants.
:Different is a venture-backed, high-growth company, hailed as a disruptor by major media and making waves in the 4 billion dollar property management sector. Our founders have come from Google and Uber in Silicon Valley, building out a team of the best and brightest in their fields.
In order to deliver this promise of better service and customer experience, we are looking for a bright, hard working, customer-orientated receptionist/office manager to bring the best experience to our customers and build an amazing team culture from within.
About the role:
Position available for an experienced office based leasing consultant. We want someone who has a confident phone manner, has excellent attention to detail, and negotiation skills.
You will be responsible for processing all rental applications, starting with NSW and then progressing to VIC and QLD. Liasing with the applicants to complete this process, completing all reference checks, seeking approval from owners and negotiating finer details of the lease agreement and securing holding deposits within a short time frame.
We take a team-based approach, so you will be thinking about the best way to improve the application system and platforms used across all states.
This role is the most critical part of a tenancy and attention to detail and a keen eye for spotting problems or inconsistencies in an application is a must.
Who you are
- Have a very high level of attention to detail: No detail is too small to escape your watchful eye
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills. You possess the ability to work autonomously and see a task through, with constant follow up as required.
- Cool, calm and collected in fast-paced environments
- Customer-focused mindset: You can handle even the prickliest of owners and tenants with a firm but friendly hand
- You have a strong and confident phone manner. Some calls may be difficult and sometimes you will have to ask awkward questions.
- Collaborative approach - You’ll work with people across different roles, cities and even countries
- Tech-savvy and eager to learn: we use multiple systems and applications
- As we are a startup, things can change very quickly so an adaptable nature is a must!
- Strong decision making skills to select the best applicant.
What you bring to the team
- 3+ years of Leasing and/or Property Management experience
- NSW Real Estate certificate or license
- Car and license
- General tech-savviness and proficiency with Google docs, Google sheets, Gmail etc
- Solid written and verbal communication skills: you will be the first point of contact with owners/tenants in the leasing phase.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in resolving and identifying issues that may arise
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure
- Experience in: organising holding deposits, negotiating terms and price reductions with both owners and tenants and experience in making changes to systems based on the metrics, and improving them over time
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Online
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.