Digital Marketing Intern (copywriting & social media focus)
Hey there! We’re :Different, an Australian startup rebuilding rental property management from the ground up. We’re looking at the way homes are rented, and making the experience better for everyone - the tenants who live there, the landlords who own the homes, and the staff who do the work in the background.
Being part of a startup is the most rewarding and challenging thing you’ll ever do. Here’s what you’ll be part of:
- Shaking up a complacent industry - be part of the team transforms drives the new standard for rental properties by becoming the assistant for the home
- Global ambitions - with the scale of our technology and efficient operations, we have ambitions to be the largest provider globally
- Intelligent technology - we’re a property tech company building software and systems to deliver a self-serve experience to owners and tenants while increasing efficiency to keep management costs down
- Happy customers - this isn’t innovative...but something the industry has neglected. We go over and above and want to create a business that people love.
You’ll be joining our small but mighty marketing team to help bring the brand to life and connect with our current & future customers in a meaningful and effective way. We want to build a brand that our customers genuinely love, you will be a part of this journey. We are looking for a superstar digital marketing intern with a creative flair for words and a genuine passion for building great brands. You will be joining us for 20 (paid) hours a week in our sunny office in Paddington.
Who you are
- You are a recent graduate or finishing your final year, majoring in Marketing, PR or Communications.
- You have some experience under your belt with social media, copywriting and content marketing.
- Copywriting is second nature to you: you’ll have a passion for the English language & you understand the nuances of tone, grammar, crafting strong calls to action for engaging digital content and marketing.
- You are creative and are not afraid to take risks
- You work well in a team but you also can work autonomously & have good time management skills
- You are ready to hustle and learn and possess a genuine willingness to embrace the thrills and challenges of startup life
- You're excited about our mission and making an impact at :Different
- Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following: Hubspot, Mailchimp, Figma or Canva
What you’ll do
- Work directly with the marketing manager to create and implement campaigns
- Create & schedule content for social media (Facebook, Instagram & Linkedin) using Later
- Content writing for the company blog
- Brainstorming and pitching content ideas
- Add you own creative flair whilst copywriting property ads for the leasing team
- Assist on launching, maintaining, and analyzing paid marketing campaigns
- Write, design and schedule our bi-monthly newsletter
What’s in it for you
- Like any startup, this will be a fast-paced, fast-learning role and you will be given as much responsibility as you can handle! This is a great opportunity to kick-start your career in marketing and learn from some great minds.
- We have a very laid-back, fun culture. Our open plan style means you will get access to each team in the business, expanding your learning opportunities and business understanding
- Open fridge with drinks (are we really a startup if we don’t have this?)
- Flexible work arrangement: we can work the 20 hours around your schedule
Excited and want to learn more?
Great! Bring that enthusiasm and email your resumé to Alex at email@example.com and tell me why you think you are ideal for this role. In your email tell me one thing you would update on our website and why (big or small!).