Mobile Tech Lead
Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That’s what we’re building at :Different. Our vision is to create the assistant for the home, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
We’re starting by rebuilding property management in Australia. In property management, we take care of every aspect of an investment home, delivering an incredible consumer experience for owners and tenants.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley. Mina was the first Product Manager and ultimately, global Head of Product at Uber. Ruwin was a Principal on Google’s global business strategy team and a Director at Softbank, the world’s largest internet sector investor. Both have deep experience and networks in the technology space.
We’ve raised three rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities and have plans to expand further around Australia and into the US.
To learn more about the company, the founders and the tech stack, see here.
Property management is an operationally intensive business, but we make it efficient and scalable by combining powerful tech with an incredibly customer-focused operations team. That’s our unique advantage. We build all of our own technology, so we can align it to the ideal operational processes to design a great service.
Now, we need someone who can lead our growing mobile application development practice.
You’ll be working with a cross-functional team of product managers, operations & growth managers, designers, mobile engineers and full stack engineers. You will be expected to be the company’s foremost mobile expert on all major platforms, with the ability to not only guide and lead the teams, but also dive into the details when your team is facing complex issues.
Be the company’s mobile technology expert
- Make the right mobile technology, architecture, tooling and implementation choices.
- Resolve all mobile technology issues that are too complex for the rest of the team.
- Keep the company up to date with the state-of-the-art of mobile application development.
Lead the mobile team, delivery mobile features with quality and on schedule
- Act as both technical lead and scrum master for your team.
- Review code and clear engineering blocks.
- Ensure that the team delivers on time, defect-free.
- Train the team to become highly effective mobile developers.
- Constantly improve our mobile development quality, efficiency and productivity.
Delight our customers
- Our mobile apps should work without defects and work smoothly under all nominal conditions.
- Above all, our customers should be delighted with our mobile experience.
- At least 5 years of experience developing production-grade, customer-facing mobile applications.
- Extensive hands-on design, development, testing, troubleshooting, performance optimizing, deployment and production support experience with applications developed using: React Native, Swift, Android SDK, Kotlin
- Possess in-depth knowledge of internal platform architecture and the application development best practices for both the iOS and Android platforms.
- Very good understanding of the structure and principles of HTTP and RESTful APIs.
- Experience leading engineering teams.
- Very good grasp of the twelve Agile principles.
- Highly skilled at communicating with your team, the product manager, operations team and all other parts of the company through both written and spoken channels.
What you’ll get from us
- Be a part of a world-class technology team that is currently building a state-of-the art system architecture cleanly from the ground up.
- Long-term career opportunities - as an early employee, there’s lots of opportunity to grow professionally, as well as play a critical part in our long-term engineering strategy.
- Have the best-of-the-best available for mentorship and support: our leadership team includes senior alumni from Google, Uber, Sysco LABS and the Boston Consulting Group.
- An incredible culture that values learning, autonomy and results over rigid policies and rules. We remain true to the twelve agile principles.
- A generous salary and bonus.
- Flexible working hours.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.