We are building the assistant for the home.
This is a trillion-dollar opportunity, and we’re starting by rebuilding property management, to serve the 43 million+ rental homes in the US. We want to make the experience amazing, not just for owners or tenants, but ultimately for anyone who lives in a home.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley. One was the Global Head of Product at Uber for almost 4 years. The other was a Principal on Google’s global business strategy team and a Director at Softbank, the world’s largest internet sector investor. Both have deep experience and networks in the US, having collectively lived there for decades.
We’ve raised three rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, are now live in three Australian capital cities. Now we’re launching our US expansion and looking for the US CEO to run the business.
As the US CEO, you have a unique opportunity to approach the world’s largest market in an entirely greenfield way. At your disposal is some of the best product talent in the world, a committed engineering team, world-class marketing capability and significant budgets.
We’ve built our technology and products from the ground up. We know that in an operationally intensive people-oriented business, the real power comes from technology that no one sees or thinks about. It’s the magic behind clicking a button and having something “just work”. Our backend systems are powerful, flexible and built from the ground-up for global customisation. Our consumer apps and portals are designed to be delightful and easy. And running behind all of this are the powerful algorithms, workflows and automation that we’ve developed to automate the hundreds of little decisions that collectively create an efficient, scalable business.
You’ll be working with the Founders to define our US growth strategy, from both the consumer and partnerships angles.
You’ll be engaging at Board level to gain alignment on the path forward and then executing on that plan. What cities do we launch in? How do we maintain our industry leading NPS? How do you ensure your local ops hits the right operational KPIs? How do you drive rapid growth? You’ll have the autonomy to hire a world-class team to answer these questions and bring your strategy to life.
The role is centred on continual improvement and high quality in a high-paced startup. It requires a highly versatile, analytical and well-rounded leader, someone who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
You are someone who can balance many different facets - leadership and execution, strategic and tactical, creativity and analytics. You’ll need every single one of those skills to own this role and create Different for the US market.
What You’ll Do
- Design, lead and execute on the company’s first international expansion
- Define growth strategy, strategic partnerships and operations for the world’s largest market
- Hire out the US team
- Ensure world-class execution. You will be responsible for growing properties under management, NPS and operational profitability in a highly competitive space.
- Manage all aspects of operational activities, such as process creation, expansion plans, customer service
- Manage growth and marketing spend to plan
- Maintain high owner and tenant NPS (60+)
- Represent :Different in communication with external stakeholders
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years proven success in a highly analytical role, consulting, investing, operations leadership, or as a successful entrepreneur or early startup employee
- Executive-level people management experience. You’ll have numerous direct reports, and will need to earn the respect of the team, lead them effectively, and ensure their growth and development.
- Data-driven mentality, financial literacy and strong business judgment. You’ll need to be able to roll up your sleeves, analyze the data and pull key insights for your team. You’ll need a good understanding of accounting and finance
- Get things done attitude. In the US, the buck stops with you. This means that if it needs to happen, you’ll do whatever needs to be done, to ensure that nothing gets missed
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of joining a successful tech start-up.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with their team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- MBA from a top-tier institution is a plus
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org