Partnerships Associate - Sydney
Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That’s what we’re building at :Different. Our vision is to create the assistant for the home, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
We’re starting by rebuilding property management in Australia. In property management, we take care of every aspect of an investment home, delivering an incredible consumer experience for owners and tenants.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley. Mina was the first Product Manager and ultimately, global Head of Product at Uber. Ruwin was a Principal on Google’s global business strategy team and a Director at Softbank, the world’s largest internet sector investor. Both have deep experience and networks in the technology space.
We’ve raised four rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities, and have plans to expand further around Australia and into the US.
Property management is an operationally intensive business, but we make it efficient and scalable by combining powerful tech with an incredibly customer-focused operations team.
That’s our unique advantage. We build all of our own technology, so we can align it to the ideal operational processes to design a great service. It also means that what we build can be used by partners in a whole range of new and interesting ways.
We need someone to help scale our partnerships function. Working directly with our Head of Partnerships, this is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup and drive outsized impact in a business function that will be critical to our success.
- Build, own, and lead the implementation of scaled partner onboarding processes to support our growth goals and allow us to nail service delivery
- Partner well with our Operations team to efficiently integrate partnerships into our existing processes
- Own all partner-related tasks at all stages of a partnership’s lifecycle - from onboarding, to early lifecycle, and ongoing partner management
- Work with our partners to service their needs with a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, and responsiveness
- Set up and own CRM and reporting tools to track partnership wins
- Manage and track back-end partner payments processes to ensure accurate and timely disbursement of funds
- Continually refine our operations processes to improve and automate where possible
- Cool, calm, and collected under pressure - high growth environments are hard, and you know how to roll up your sleeves, handle deadlines, and deliver
- Know how to build scalable processes and continually seek to automate parts of your role, freeing up your time to take on higher impact tasks
- You enjoy engaging with customers as well as diving into the operational detail, easily switching between the two as required
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and know how to “draw the owl”
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills. You are able to work with anyone from a Director-level to the intern who started yesterday and treat them with equal respect.
- Organised and diligent - follow through when you say you are going to
- Very comfortable in a spreadsheet, Google Suites, and other SaaS non-code tools
- Possess a hunger for learning
- 2+ years experience in an operations or partner-facing role, preferably in tech, consulting or a similar fast-paced environment
- BONUS: familiarity with property management sector, although not essential
What you’ll get from us
- Autonomy and support to build strong foundations for a team that is fundamentally transforming the company
- Getting in at the ground floor of a critical component in the business
- An awesome manager devoted to your professional development
- Be deeply embedded in the workings of a rapidly growing scale-up, participating in the ins and outs of growing in a team, creating high functioning processes and building a successful business
- A competitive salary, bonus, and equity package
- Flexible working hours from our casual office based in Paddington.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.