FAQ - How can we help you?
Common Questions. Simple Answers.
After you've been to an open home with us, you will receive a text message 30 minutes afterwards with a link to apply for the property. Alternatively, you can apply directly at https://t-app.com.au/different. We usually process applications within 1 business day (Monday for Saturday open homes)
We aim to review applications within 1 working day and will update applicants when we are putting your application forward to the property owner for approval.
While we aim to inform all applicants of the outcome (successful or unsuccessful) sometimes it may take a 3-4 days to finalise an application. Our process is to update unsuccessful applicants only after a holding deposit has been received.
If you haven't heard from us within 2 working days and need to make a decision on another property, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve built the app especially for you and downloading it’s simple.
- Head to the Apple Store or Google play store and download the “Different Tenant” app
- Create your account by signing in with your email address
- You’ll be sent a verification code to your mobile. Enter the code into the app
- Create your password
- Set up your banking details for automated rental payments to keep your rent paid on time
- E-sign the direct debit form
- GREAT! Now you’re all set up :D
- One last thing! Allow us to send you notifications about payments, maintenance and important messages. We promise to only send these when it’s really important.
- You now have 24/7 access to your tenancy documents and rental payments. Plus, you can report any repairs and maintenance you may need, at anytime
Setting up a direct debit with :Different will make your life easier. A direct debit payment in our system:
- Is FREE! There are no extra charges
- Automatically gets receipted to your property, tenancy and rent period
- Allows you to ‘Set & Forget’ - no need to worry about scheduling a payment each time it’s due
- Logs your payment history on the app, so you’ll always have access to an up to date rental ledger at any time
- Notifies you by SMS if there are arrears
- Provides you with a ‘Pay Now’ option (in the app) for arrears payments
- Syncs to a report that updates as soon as dishonoured payments clear (so you’ll always have up-to-date information)
If the owner has engaged our agency to manage their property, we will send you an email and CC the previous property manager in the email to confirm that we are the newly appointed managing agents.
Once we collect the file from the current agent, we will have all the relevant information regarding your tenancy. This file includes your current lease agreement, ledger, entry condition report and application form. This information will all be available to view on the ‘Different Tenant’ app. When you download the Different Tenant app, you’ll see all this information, to give you added reassurance that we are your new managing agents.
:Different is a property management agency servicing customers in Sydney, Central Coast and Melbourne. We’ve created clever technology and combined that with experienced agents to provide our customers with a better experience. We understand that communication and transparency are so important, and that’s why we’ve created an app that gives you access to your information - as well as direct contact with our experienced agents - 24/7. We resolve repair and maintenance issues quickly and efficiently.
Plus, we build our own technology from scratch, which means that we are continuously improving our systems and processes each and every day to provide our customers with a more enjoyable experience.
We take feedback seriously! We love hearing what you have to say and how we could improve. We are always considering how we can apply the feedback we receive to solve problems and make real improvements.. We are here to make your lives easier, so if you think there’s something that could do this for you, please contact us using the tenant app or email email@example.com.
Think of the app as your own personal go-to rental portal, which will provide you with updates of what you need to know about your tenancy.
- If you want to check when your lease expires, you’ll find a copy of your lease in the app.
- If you want to report a repair or maintenance issue, there’s a repairs tab where you can make the report and take photos/videos of the problem.
- If you want to see how your last rental inspection went, there’s a documents tab where you can see your last inspection.
- If you want to know where your rent is paid up to, there’s a payments tab where you can view your full history of payments.
....And loads more! We’ve created this app to give you complete transparency, and to make renting totally convenient for you. Put simply, it will help make your life that little bit easier.