One of the most commonly asked questions we receive from property owners and tenants alike is “How do we, at :Different, select tenants for a particular property?” The answer is understanding. We take the time to speak with landlords to get a true understanding of what they want and need for a property. We also take the time to get a sense of the people that apply for each property.
We know that time is money in the leasing game and we want to ensure that our clients have the best quality tenants in their properties in the shortest amount of time. Our record is excellent and something that we pride ourselves on.
How do we do it?
We have professional photographers take top quality photographs of the property. First impressions count.
- We use premier listings on realestate.com.au and Domain. Normally the cost of this varies depending on the location of your property. We have a set fee.
- We make the most of extra advertising sites that come at no cost. Free visibility.
- We install eye-catching, professionally printed signage at the front of the property (if permitted).
We do our homework.
Having a conversation with potential tenants at an open house might sound obvious but it so often doesn’t happen. Our team engage and talk to these home seekers about their situation and just to get a sense of them as people. They then call up each attendee the following Monday after the open home to collect feedback regarding the open home and to determine if they’re going to apply. The feedback received is then passed onto the homeowner.
As each application is digitally sent through to our agents, usually via 1Form or T-App, we present those to the landlords. They are presented as part of a package with extra detail around:
- We verify stable and secure employment.
- We ensure that tenants are in a financial position that allows them to afford the rent.
- We call up a professional reference to cross check applicants’ employment status and character
We verify the current and rental history and ensure that tenants have done the right thing by their previous landlords.
- If the applicant has previously been living in a property they own, we confirm their ownership.
- If no rental history is available we ask those potential tenants to source a guarantor who will also sign the lease.
- We confirm that applicants are not present on any tenant default databases.
Ultimately, each tenancy is given the final nod by the property owner. We like to arm landlords with as much information as possible so they can make the best decision.
:Different by name and different by nature.
We’re here to shake up the property management model. We have carefully designed and built a technology platform that allows property owners to have all the information they need at their fingertips. We have the best people manning that technology and the best, most efficient property managers in the field.
The online landlord portal gives property owners access to information when and where they need it. Landlords have full visibility into what is happening with both the property and tenants. Access to tenancy details, where rent is up to, length of time left on the lease, management of current maintenance requests and status of any repairs.
The property owners we work with have found they save time on calls or emails, requesting updates or information. They also enjoy that all documentation on their property is safely stored in one place. No need for bulky files overflowing with paperwork and a big bonus come tax time. So, if you want to do things differently and learn more about :Different? Watch this video to hear from one of our customers. And get in touch by scheduling a call.
"We have the best people manning that technology and the best, most efficient property managers in the field"
We’re a new kind of property manager, combining the best people and intelligent technology to give you complete peace of mind for just $100/month. You can learn more about us on our website.